Youth Grant Program
Grant Program Description
CVSF Grant Program is a funding vehicle that provides a sum of money given to a youth sports programs and community leagues. It is designed specifically for youth sports purposes, such as improving sports equipment, safety equipment and helping our youth stay active in any of our youth sports program in Castro Valley, CA.
The funding source of the grant program comes from three major fundraisers.
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Annual Half Marathon & 5K Running Event (aka Lake Chabot Trail Challenge)
- Bi-Annual Castro Valley Hall of Fame (HOF)
We rely heavily on corporate and business sponsorships to fund our events as well as volunteer support and in-kind donations.
Grant Request Amount
The maximum amount to request for funding is $750.00 USD.
- Directly serves youth sports programs between the ages of 5-18 years old
- Directly serves the youth sports program in Castro Valley, CA
- Use to purchase sports and safety equipment
- Exceptions can be made for non-sponsored sites / facilities with board approval
- Short term events such as sports camps, running events, etc.
- Registration fees for events or tournaments
- Individual athletes
- School sponsored social/award events to include promotional materials & decoration
Submission Process & Conditions
If you meet the baseline criteria, please follow the submission process, and understand the program conditions:
- Fill out the online grant request form in its entirety
- Include a cost estimation of the items you are requesting the grant funds for.
- Submissions must be submitted by the 4th Monday of September each year for same year consideration. Late submissions will not be considered.
- The grant funds must be used in the current sports season year (i.e., 2020-2021). It cannot be carried over to the following year.
- Grants are reviewed and voted on by the Board of Directors on or before 1st Monday of October of the same year.
- Checks are presented to Grant recipients at the earliest board meeting after grant approval.
- Programs receiving grants must submit proof of purchase (i.e. Receipt) to the CVSF board within 6 months on the use of the funds to verify that they were used as originally intended.
- Grantees who fail to provide a follow-up receipt will not be eligible for further grants.